Dear Walter Reed Families,
Please read the letter from Superintendent King that was sent home with your child on Friday regarding the solar eclipse event occurring on Monday, August 21st.
At Walter Reed we will provide the following to ensure your child’s safety during the eclipse:
· PE classes will be relocated to the covered pavilion area, gym, or fitness center
· PA announcements will be made in the morning reminding students not to look at the sun.
· All out of the classroom staff will be monitoring the students during passing periods.
· The Auditorium will be open to students who would like to remain indoors during Nutrition.
· Additional staff will supervising during Nutrition ensuring that students are not looking at the sun.
· Students will be repeatedly reminded not to look at the sun via the PA and the staff.
· Students who do not follow safety rules will be escorted to the Auditorium, where they will remain, until the eclipse is over.
· ONLY STUDENTS WITH SIGNED PARENT WAIVER MAY PARTICIPATE IN VIEWING THE ECLIPSE WITH NASA APPROVED EYEWEAR.
Thank you in advance for your support in ensuring our student’s safety in experiencing this rare solar eclipse.
Jeanne Gamba, Principal