Make sure you are subscribed to relevant news from Reed and from SLC parent groups.
Reed Network News – a school-wide email newsletter sent weekly. Subscribe here.
Friends of Reed – Culinary (FORC)
Friends of Reed – Environmental (FORE)
Friends of Humanities Academy (FOHA)
Friends of Individualized Honors Program (FIHP)
Friends of STEAM Academy (FOSA)
Friends of Reed – Technology (FORT)
THE INNOVATION RUN Saturday April 18
Expo at 6:30 am, Race begins at 8am sharp!
5k Run or Walk, and 10k Run. Kiddie fun run on the field.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | VOLUNTEER
Come join the fun with friends and family at the Walter Reed Middle School FAIRE OF THE AGES & INNOVATION RUN!
FAIRE OF THE AGES Fri April 17 – Sat April 18
Contests, Entertainment, Auction, Raffle, Art, Food, FUN!
Fri: 1-5pm Sat: 10-5pm
FACEBOOK | VOLUNTEER
Some moving and shaking of a great kind is taking place in North Hollywood, California!
Please share the word with Social Media, Community newsletters and websites, Employers, Businesses, Family & Friends.
Donate to our Silent Auction & Class Baskets, Rally Event SPONSORS,
We are delighted to offer community service, and leadership credits for students and parent volunteers, as we raise funds for enrichment, ARTS & TECHNOLOGY for our Valley public schools.
JOIN US for the Faire Of the Ages FESTIVAL April 17 & 18 & INNOVATION RUN thru CBS Studios Backlot April 18th at 8am.
VOLUNTEER for our Faire Of the Ages FESTIVAL & RUN
We’re using VolunteerSpot to organize our Faire & Run Volunteers.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot:
Please Sign up to VOLUNTEER for Innovation Run 10K/5K!
Please Sign up to VOLUNTEER for the Faire of the Ages!
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register a VolunteerSpot account)
- Sign up! Choose your spots – We will send confirmation and reminders. Easy!
On our donation page, you can contribute to any school group, activity or trip.
Attention, attention !!!
FOR THE FAIRE OF THE AGES, which will be held on April 17-18, 2015 …. We are collecting Silent Auction contributions now through early April. We would greatly appreciate any donated gift certificates or products to be auctioned in our Silent Auction or used in our Renaissance experience.
We are also offering yearly Fence Banner Advertisements (where 25,000 car pass each week) and Faire Sponsorships for Patrons of our Community Event. Can you help us spread the word? EMAIL
This is a message from Carol, Friends of Reed:
We are attempting to rally 8th grade parent help and event planning:
Here are some basics we’ve covered so far as we simplify or reduce depending on parent help.
– I will order dunk tank.
– AP Deb Jelin will release kids after Culmination practice (ranges 11am-11:30am.)
– Kids were told to bring their lunches to Schall Park and FUN DAY would include snacks, water, sodas, desserts and more.
– Andy Washington will help with games.
– We need recorded music perhaps.
– We will need to order food and arrange desserts and beverages, ice, and essentials.
– I have some keg rootbeer I would donate if someone got the individual ice cream sunday cups and cups/spoons/straws for floats.
– Think about what desserts to assemble and who to ask to help.
– Yearbooks will have been distributed the prior Friday for 8th grade, Monday to 6 & 7.
– Might be good to have picnic tables set up for seating and signing books. We have cloth tablecloths and several vinyl cloths for tables. Must contact Alfredo-Plant Manager- with any table or campus set-up or supply requests.
-Decide if anyone wants to do raffle for prizes, but no plan for that at this time.
-Reminder notes out to eligible kids and parents.
I’m with kids in San Fran now but back Tuesday at REED. Anyone available, please meet Parent Center Tuesday, May 27 at 8am in Rm 106.
Carol Kiernan Convey: firstname.lastname@example.org
The June 3rd 8th Grade Fun Day currently has no coordinator or team. 8th grade parents are needed to make it happen this year, but other grade level parents are also welcome!
This event typically takes place right after practice for culmination and includes inflatables, water activities, carnival games and food. It’s a great time for the kids to cool off and socialize together for the last time, especially as many will be going off to different high schools.
If you can help with this, please contact Carol
Note from Carol: Normally, Eligible 8th graders get to come to Schall Park for a private party. There are activity ideas, vendor connections and supply list suggestions. The same people prefer not to “have to run it” this year. Do parents not want Fun Day for their culminating students?
While it is not on most people’s radar yet, planning takes time and folks will certainly miss things that fail to happen.
Will someone step up from 8th grade to create this activity for the kids?
Be a part of this year’s Teacher Appreciation Day! Parent involvement is welcome.
This will take place at Lunch A and Lunch B – 11:30am – 1:10pm. Friends of Reed & PTSA will provide lunch for the teachers
Set-up 8am-11:30am in 107 – Planning for 120 staff –
RSVP to Donate supplies, especially Beverages and Desserts
- 6: 24 pack – Waters
- 12: 12 pack – Sodas (3 diet, 3 Coke, 3 7-Up, 3 Tea or Lemonade)
- 150: 8” plates and forks, and cake size plates
- 200 regular and 200 cocktail napkins