CAMPUS & COMMUNITY NEWS AND EVENTS
Thurs, Nov. 21:
Parents are invited to come and view a documentary called Screenagers which focuses on the effects the use of electronics has on our youth today.
Viewing is from 6pm to 7pm in the auditorium.
Parents are welcome to come see our students participate;
8th grade – 9am to 10:17am
7th grade – 10:30 to 11:48am
6th grade – 1pm – 2:18pm
Parents please make sure you enter at the front of the school and bring your ID in order to be allowed to come and see the event.
The Environmental Science Academy students (Gidget Keller, Erin Turker and Jaydon Chung), as well as Honey Armstrong from the STEAM Academy all did an amazing job representing Walter Reed! They went to the LAUSD board to let them know how they felt about climate change, and why they want the board to vote yes on the the 100 % clean energy resolution introduced by our Rep., Scott Schmerelson.
The test dates for CAASPP IAB’s (INTERIM ASSESSMENTS) are as follows:
- 6th Grade ELA – December 4 & 5 – Revision
- 6th Grade Math – November 20 & 21 – Number System
- 7th/8th Grade ELA – November 13 & 14 – Revision/Editing
- 7th Grade Math – November 18 & 19 – Number systems
- 8th Grade Math – November 18 & 19 – Expressions & Equations
The new test date for the READING INVENTORY is now Wed., Nov. 20th.